Oh, zucchini — it's hard to explain our feelings about this summer vegetable. We cheer when it arrives, but then all too quickly it overwhelms us. How do you keep up with the vegetable that just never seems to stop giving? The good news is that it's one of the most versatile veggies out there, so you've got loads of options when looking for ways to keep your zucchini consumption exciting. Here are 20 ways to enjoy the summer standby.
From the Oven and the Grill
If you're willing to turn your oven on in the summer, you'll be rewarded with cheesy casserole and a buttery galette. Otherwise, fire up the grill and make beef-stuffed zucchini boats.
- Shredded Zucchini and Fontina Casserole
- Zucchini Boats with Mozzarella and Olives
- Fresh Corn Galette with Zucchini, Thyme, and Goat Cheese
- Goat Cheese Tart with Roasted Eggplant, Zucchini, and Caramelized Onions
- Baked Chicken with Zucchini, Sourdough & Ricotta Stuffing
- Grilled Zucchini Boats with Beef & Cheddar
Stovetop and Slow Cooker
Turn that zucchini into crispy fritters, pile it into tortillas for Taco Tuesday, or toss it into the slow cooker with other summer veggies and leave it be until dinner calls.
- Zucchini-Chickpea Fritters with Red Onion Jam
- Savory Carrot & Zucchini Pancakes
- Sautéed Zucchini with Chorizo & Lime
- Creamy Polenta Bowl with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini
- Eggs with Summer Tomatoes, Zucchini, and Bell Peppers
- Scrambled Egg Tacos
- Slow-Cooker Ratatouille
Noodles and Zoodles
Depending on its mood, zucchini likes to play the role of accompaniment to pasta and the pasta itself — and it's quite successful at both.
- Creamy Zucchini Fettuccine
- Greek Pasta with Lamb, Zucchini, and Feta
- Zucchini Noodles with Tomatoes and Corn
- Zucchini Noodle Salad with Parsley-Pistachio Pesto
Zucchini can most definitely be transformed into a hearty, wholesome dinner salad if you amp up its flavor and bring protein to the party.