With the arrival spring comes our yearning for all things light, bright, and fresh. When it comes to satisfying our sweet tooth this means savoring the sunny pop of all things lemon, jumping at the arrival of vibrant fruits, and welcoming some of those springy favorites with open arms. From hot cross buns to a rhubarb-studded tart, here are 20 essential recipes to add to your must-bake list this spring.
Bread and Pastries
From buns to muffins to pastries, we encourage you to greet the morning with something sweet.
- Sticky Lemon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
- Earl Grey Hot Cross Buns
- The Most Lemony of Lemon Muffins
- Baked Berry Breakfast Pastries with Whipped Crème Fraîche
Bars and Cookies
When it comes to treats made for sharing, we believe it's best to go right for crowd-pleasing favorites by harnessing the power of lemon and sweet berries. Spring simply isn't complete without a batch of streusel-topped bars and lemon cookies.
- Heavenly Lemon Bars with Almond Shortbread Crust
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Streusel Bars
- Raspberry Jam Bars
- Raspberry-Coconut French Macarons
- Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
It's nearly impossible to think about baking this time of year without considering timeless favorites like classic carrot cake and fluffy angel food cake.
- Donal Skehan's Lemon Marshmallow Cake
- How To Make Lemon Pound Cake
- How To Make a Classic Carrot Cake
- Domenica Marchetti's Carrot Polenta Cake with Marsala
- Airy Angel Food Cupcakes with Naturally Pink Icing
- Rhubarb-Almond Snack Cake
- Meyer Lemon-Olive Oil Chiffon Cake
- Upside-Down Carrot Cake
Pies and Tarts
If what you're after is a dessert that tastes just as good as it looks, these pies and tarts are the scrumptious sweets to keep on your radar.