Along with the trusty sheet pan, a skillet (preferably cast iron!) is one of the very best tools to help you get a great dinner on the table quickly without breaking a sweat. Your whole meal — everything from the main course to the sides — comes together in a single pan. You can't ask for much more on a weeknight. If it sounds too good to be true, I assure you that it's not.
From an Italian-inspired chicken skillet to an easy, saucy salmon skillet, let these 20 fast and fresh recipes inspire you.
Lean on your favorite skillet and tonight's chicken dinner will leave you feeling like a total superstar. Not only does the whole meal come together in a single skillet, but you'll also love what a breeze cleanup is.
- One-Skillet Chicken with Garlicky Broccoli and Croutons
- Tuscan Chicken Skillet
- Skillet Maple-Mustard Chicken and Broccoli with Vinaigrette
- Broccolini, Chicken Sausage, and Orzo Skillet
- Skillet Chicken Empanada Pie
- Parmesan Chicken and Kale Sauté
Easy Seafood Skillets
If you need more proof that fish and shrimp can be the base for quick and easy weeknight dinners, these fuss-free skillet meals bring it.
- Skillet Cod with Lemon and Capers
- Weeknight Skillet Paella
- Spicy Shrimp Skillet with Tomatoes and White Beans
- Saucy Skillet Salmon
Comforting Pasta Skillets
Reach for your cast iron skillet when pasta night rolls around, and you will be rewarded with an easy and blissfully comforting dinner.
- Creamy Skillet Tortellini with Sweet Potato and Spinach
- Turkey and Greens Skillet Pasta
- Gnocchi Skillet with Chicken Sausage & Tomatoes
- Tortellini Skillet Dinner
Fresh Veggie-Friendly Skillet Dinners
When you can't decide between comfort food and veggies, choose both! These skillet dinners put vegetables at the forefront for a meal that will hit both cravings.
Skillet Meals That Nail Breakfast for Dinner
When breakfast-for-dinner is on your meal plan, these are the fresh, weeknight-friendly recipes that help you go beyond scrambled eggs and pancakes.