It might not feel like it right this minute, but summer is coming — and with it those hot and humid days when the extra heat from the oven feels unbearable. On these days, and also on hurried evenings when you're too rushed or tired to even think about cooking, no-cook dinners are your savior.
These recipes come with the promise that the stove and oven stay off, and are more about assembly than actual cooking. From zucchini noodle bowls to chicken summer rolls, you'll want these 20 recipes in your summer meal plan.
I'm a big believer in including sandwich night in my meal plan. No matter which of these options you choose, you're in for a low-effort meal that will be ready in minutes.
- Smoked Turkey Sandwich for a Crowd
- Pesto and Egg Baguette Sandwich
- Pan Bagna
- Salmon and Kale Caesar Wraps
- A Very French Ham and Cheese Baguette
You know that salads are a dinner that's quick and easy to pull together, but if you're thinking yawn, let me stop you right there: These salads go way beyond your basic bowl of greens. Each one is packed with hearty ingredients to fill you up and keep you that way.
- Chopped Chickpea Salad
- Greek-Style Tuna Salad
- Vegetarian Kale Taco Salad
- Tofu and Broccoli Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
- Anna Jones' Raw Thai Citrus Crunch Salad
- Cold Lentil Salad with Cucumbers and Olives
Hot summer days don't mean it's time to ditch the soup — you just need to trade your soup pot for your blender when whipping up these chilled options.
No-Heat Noodle Bowls
Consider veggie noodles your summertime stand-in for a carb-filled bowl of spaghetti. These are simple, fresh summer suppers that pairs well with a host of sauces and dressings.
- Zucchini Noodles with Tomatoes and Corn
- Zucchini Noodles with Parsley-Pistachio Pesto
- Rainbow Veggie Noodle Salad
Hand Rolls and Beyond
When dinner demands something light and refreshing, look no further than poke bowls, spring rolls, and hand rolls.