There is one thing you can always find in my meal plan: a Mexican-inspired dinner in honor of Taco Tuesday. Of course, tacos are a given, but I like to go beyond the basics. Burrito bowls, nachos, quesadillas — these all make a regular appearance. Tasty, filling, and easy to throw together on a weeknight, they check all the right boxes.
Taco night is always a good idea. It can be as simple as pulling a can of black beans and tortillas from the pantry or making shredded chicken in the slow cooker. This time of year, I'm always down for fish tacos and a quick, fruity salsa.
- Fish Tacos With Rhubarb-Pineapple Salsa
- Fish Tacos with Quick Cabbage Slaw
- Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
- 10-Minute Black Bean Tacos
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Roasted Shrimp Tacos with Mango-Avocado Salsa
Or, why not skip the tortillas altogether? Grab your biggest salad bowl and channel that taco inspiration into a big salad.
If bowl food speaks to you, salad is not the only option. Next to tacos, burrito bowls are one of my meal-plan favorites. Not only are they incredibly satisfying, but the components can also be prepped and cooked in advance.
- Burrito Bowl with Roasted Corn and Poblano Peppers
- Easy Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowls
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- One-Pan BBQ Chicken Burrito Bowls
Quesadillas and Nachos
If your priorities center around turning tortillas and cheese or even a bag of chips into dinner, quesadillas and nachos are the answer. There's even some smart ways to work some veggies into the mix.