The chances that you're attending a barbecue or potluck of sorts this weekend are likely, given that it's the final hoorah before the summer unofficially comes to a close. When there are hamburgers and hot dogs in order, there of course needs to be a few other items to round out the meal. Here are 20 that take no time at all to make, which means if you're tasked with bringing a side dish the morning of the party, you can assemble one without breaking a sweat.
Big, vegetable-laden salads are wins on holiday weekends not only because they feed the whole gang, but they also usually hold up well for multiple hours.
- Rainbow Veggie Noodle Salad
- Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill and Feta
- Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
- Miso Potato Salad with Yellow Wax Beans
- The Easiest Tangy Cucumber Salad
- Tomato Chickpea Salad
- Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Mixed New Potato Salad with Basil and Shallots
- Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad
From the Grill
If the grill is already on for your burgers and hot dogs, you might as well toss a few other things on the grates for side dishes. Plus, it's a well-known fact that all vegetables taste 100 percent better when cooked on the grill.
- Bacon and Basil Wrapped Corn
- Grilled Cabbage Wedges with Spicy Lime Dressing
- The Ultimate Grilled Zucchini Salad
- Balsamic Glazed Veggie Kebabs
- How To Grill Watermelon
- Grilled Eggplant Topped with Goat Cheese and Tomato
Other Winning Side Dishes
Beyond salads and grilled veggies, there are plenty of other unique side dishes to make that don't take too much time. Toss a creamy corn casserole in the oven if you're up for some heat, or grab the spiralizer if you'd rather keep it a no-cook situation.