You've likely been having too much fun all summer to even think about Labor Day weekend. Here's some news: It's this weekend! Like always, it comes as a bit of a shock after another summer that flew by. Whether you're hosting or attending a Labor Day cookout, escaping to the beach, or just planning one last picnic, you deserve something sweet to celebrate the last few days of summer. Here are 20 last-minute recipes that fit the bill.
Even though Labor Day may signal the unofficial end of summer, seasonal fruit is so abundant right now, there's hope that summer might just keep going for weeks. Enjoy it all while it's extra juicy and sweet and there isn't too much you need to do to it to call it dessert. Simply toss ripe peaches on the grill, assemble a quick berry cobbler, or stick a mix of fruit under the broiler with a dollop of sugar and cream.
- Cardamom and Stone Fruit Clafoutis
- Sour Cream and Berries Brûlée
- How To Grill Peaches: The Easiest, Simplest Method
- The Ultimate Fresh Blueberry Cobbler
- Brûléed Fruit with Mascarpone Yogurt Sauce
- Plum Pandowdy
- Peach and Raspberry Tart
It's still hot out, which means you might want to keep the oven off. Luckily no-bake treats, like a quick strawberry trifle or a lemony yogurt tart, are still on the table.
- Coconut Cream Fool with Raspberries
- Quick Strawberry Trifles
- No-Bake Sheet Pan Lemon Yogurt Tart
- No-Bake Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Quick Cakes for a Crowd
If you're feeding a crowd this Labor Day weekend, know that everyone will be happy with cake. These four are easy to assemble and are sure to feed all of your family and friends.
- Ina Garten's Chocolate Banana Crumb Cake
- Sara Moulton's Creamsicle Pudding Cake
- One-Bowl Yogurt and Honey Olive Oil Cake
- Easy Summer Cake with Fruit & Cream
Cookies, Brownies, and Bars
Treats that require nothing but a napkin to eat them are always wins on Labor Day weekend when plans involve picnics, beach and pool hangs, and barbecues. These simple treats pack up well for all of the above.