If you're in the midst of planning dinner tonight and feel like you just need "something green" to round out the meal, look no further. We've rounded up our favorite green vegetable side dishes that fit the bill just about any night of the week. Whether you're craving a quick arugula salad, spicy roasted green beans, crunchy sautéed snap peas, or just about anything in between, this is a list you can turn to whenever you're on the hunt for that "something green" for dinner.
Green Veggies from the Oven (or Grill)
Sturdy green vegetables, like broccoli, asparagus, and green beans, do well with a little high heat in the oven or on the grill — they become roasted, charred, and concentrated with flavor.
- Sesame-Ginger Roasted Broccoli
- How To Make Super-Crispy, Oven-Baked Asparagus Fries
- Roasted Green Beans with Harissa
- 10-Minute Miso Broccolini
- Grilled Asparagus with Bacon Vinaigrette
Green Veggies in a Salad
Whether it's a simple, leafy green salad or something a bit more unique like a broccoli slaw or chopped snow pea salad, these sides always complement the meal.
- Light & Easy Broccoli Salad
- Spinach Salad with Warm Brown Butter Dressing
- Snow Pea, Scallion & Radish Salad
- Arugula & Fennel Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Napa Cabbage & Kale Coleslaw with Creamy Miso-Ginger Dressing
- Crunchy Spring Salad with Dill Dressing
- Garlicky Grilled Kale Salad with Grilled Bread
Whether sautéed or blanched, green vegetables in all shapes and sizes transform into simple side dishes with the help of the stovetop. Here are some of our favorites.