Come summer, there's a standing trend in my weekly meal plan: easy dinners. The easier, the better. Right now more than any other time of year I lean on dinners that require little effort so I can spend more time enjoying summer and less time in the kitchen.
With options like flank steak panzanella, a fast and fancy tomato galette, grilled shrimp skewers, and sheet pan pork chops, these are the 20 easy dinners to cycle through your meal plan now through Labor Day.
Dinner-Worthy Salads and Sandwiches
When you need a super-easy dinner that comes together in record time, it doesn't get much better than salads and sandwiches. This lineup steps it up from lunchtime fare to make sure you're serving a filling meal.
- Flank Steak Panzanella
- Cold Sesame Chicken and Noodle Salad
- Chopped Chickpea Salad
- Naan Wraps with Homemade Cucumber Raita
- Sirloin Steak Sandwiches
- Caprese Grilled Cheese
Sheet Pan and Skillet Suppers
When your dinner comes together with a single sheet pan, skillet, or pot, it's bound to be a recipe that will hit the table with ease and makes cleanup just as quick.
- Crispy, Cheesy Sheet Pan Pork Chops
- Tomato and Feta Galette
- Sheet Pan Mustard Maple Salmon with Potatoes and Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Honey-Chipotle Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Parmesan Chicken and Kale Sauté
- One-Skillet Salsa Pork Chops
Slow Cooker Dinners
When time is on your side, lean on your slow cooker for one of the easiest dinners you'll make all week. These meals come with the promise of mostly hands-off cooking, so all you have to do is prep and serve.
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and Broccoli Bowls
- How To Make Slow Cooker Fajitas
- Slow-Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Slow-Cooker Ratatouille
Easy Summery Dinners from the Grill
Now that summer is in full swing, there's no better time to fire up the grill. Not only does it mean leaving the stove and oven off, but it's also the easiest way to bring these simple, fresh dinners to the table without too much work.
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Chimichurri
- Balsamic Glazed Veggie Kebabs
- How To Make Chicken & Vegetable Freezer Kabobs
- Grilled Chicken Breast with Blackberry-Corn Salsa