Passover starts tomorrow — have you planned your dinner menu yet? If not, let us help! We can show you how to roast the perfect lamb, make a tender brisket in the slow cooker, whip up a batch of charoset that you'll want to eat all week long, bake some macaroons for dessert, or serve a show-stopping flourless chocolate cake.
This year it was announced that rice and legumes — restricted during Passover for the last 800 years — are now considered Kosher for Passover. For those looking to bring those ingredients to the table, we've included a few dishes to show them off.
And of course there's chocolate matzo brittle — it's just not Passover without a plate of matzo brittle nearby.
If you're looking for a few fresh ideas for your Passover table, take a look at that matzo ball chicken soup — the shallot-shiitake matzo balls are super flavorful. If you fall in the camp that considers quinoa Kosher for Passover, definitely try that sweet and crunchy quinoa salad; it's the perfect side dish to pair with the other heartier and richer dishes on the table.
And don't skip breakfast! Matzo brei will start your day off right — especially if you pair it with bananas and walnuts.
What are you serving for Passover this year? Will you be including rice and legumes?
For the Center of the Table
- How To Roast a Leg of Lamb
- Slow-Cooked Brisket and Onions
- Chicken Soup with Shallot-Shiitake Matzo Balls
- Lamb Meatballs with Lemon Sauce
- Lamb Chops with Pesto Croute
- Sweet & Crunchy Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potatoes, Pine Nuts, and Cranberries
- Medjool Date and Apple Charoset
- Kohlrabi and Cabbage Salad with Maple Lemon Dressing
- Huevos Haminados
- Gingery Roasted Butternut Squash & Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Sweet Potato Slices with Cilantro Pesto
- White Bean & Roasted Vegetable Salad
- How To Make Hummus from Scratch
- Chopped Brown Rice Salad with Grapes and Pecans
Desserts & Nibbles
- How To Make the Best Flourless Chocolate Cake
- How To Make the Best Coconut Macaroons
- Chocolate Caramel Matzo Brittle
- Cinnamon-Hazelnut Pavlova with Coconut Cream
- Chocolate Bark with Pistachios, Rose Petals & Walnuts
Breakfast the Next Morning
This post has been updated — originally published March 2015.