We love breakfast for dinner for two reasons: It's immensely comforting — who doesn't want to dig into a pile of pancakes after a long, hard day? — and it's quite affordable. So many recipes not only center around protein-rich eggs, but also things like veggies, oats, beans, and tortillas, all of which are wholesome, hearty, and pretty wallet-friendly. Next time you need some inspiration for dinner, think about what you love to make for breakfast instead.
Eggs for Dinner Without the Meat
Leaning on protein-rich eggs for dinner makes it fairly easy to go meatless at the evening meal. That leaves room for more wholesome veggies on your plate.
- Tex-Mex Migas
- Green Shakshuka
- Spiced Lentils with Egg
- Scrambled Egg Tacos
- 3-Egg Omelet with Quinoa, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Goat Cheese
- Indian Scrambled Eggs (Egg Bhurji)
- Bean Chilaquiles with Avocado & Queso Fresco
Eggs for Dinner with the Meat
Although no one will deny the pleasure of bringing bacon or breakfast sausage to the dinner table.
- Baked Egg and Chorizo Enchiladas
- Kale, Bacon & Egg Whole-Wheat Breakfast Sandwich
- Bacon, Potato & Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Sheet-Pan "Half English" Breakfast
Egg-Free Breakfasts for Dinner
Eggs may be the first thing that comes to mind when breakfast for dinner is on the agenda, but it definitely doesn't have to be that way. There are plenty of hearty choices that skip them.
- Vegetarian Biscuit and Gravy Sandwiches
- Cauliflower and Mushroom Tater-Tot Casserole
- Savory Grits Breakfast Parfaits
- Popeye Pesto Tofu Scramble
Sweet & Savory Pancakes, Waffles, and French Toast
Breakfast for dinner might mean a stack of sweet potato pancakes, or a puffy, top-as-you-like-it Dutch baby pancake.
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Savory Tex-Mex Dutch Baby Pancake
- Vegan Coconut-Oat Pancakes
- Monte Cristo Waffles with Warm Raspberry Sauce
- Savory Parmesan French Toast