Craving something light, wholesome, and totally fresh for dinner? It's time to throw salad night into your weekly meal plan. Wedge it between Taco Tuesday and pasta night and you've got a guaranteed beacon of freshness in the middle of the week.
When you're making salad for dinner, you need something that will fill you up and keep you satisfied, so you won't find any wimpy salads here. From a vegetarian kale taco salad, to a protein-rich chopped chickpea salad, to a Thai-inspired steak number, here are 18 meal-worthy salads to add to your dinner rotation right now.
Let these salads show you the most delicious ways to eat a big bowl full of veggies for dinner. Each one goes way beyond leafy greens to include a mix of ingredients that will leave you feeling totally satisfied.
- Kale Bistro Salad
- Garlicky Chickpea and Fennel Salad with Baked Goat Cheese
- Tofu and Broccoli Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing
- Broccoli and Kale Caesar Salad
- Spicy Panzanella Salad
- Vegetarian Kale Taco Salad
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Couscous Salad
If you believe your main meal isn't complete without some meat, these are the salads for you. Bonus: Salads are always a good way to use up that leftover chicken, shredded pork, or steak lingering in the fridge.
- How To Make Nicoise Salad
- Spicy Carnitas Salad Bowl
- Zucchini Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Thai Grilled Steak Salad
- Sesame Chicken Celery Root Salad
Bean and Grain Salads
You'll find plenty of veggies in these salads, although each one puts hearty beans or grains at the helm to guarantee a filling, dinner-worthy bowl.