You don't need a holiday or party to make a delicious recipe inspired by the magical world of Harry Potter, but it certainly doesn't hurt. And if any holiday is worthy of the Potterverse, it would be Halloween. This year let's forget the pumpkins and ghost cookies, set aside our opinions on candy corn, and make something Harry Potter would've loved to eat. From Butterbeer hot chocolate to cake pops that look like the Golden Snitch, there's something for everyone to love.
1. Harry Potter Butterbeer Pancakes from Sugar and Soul
Halloween isn't just a night time thing, you know. Throw a big Harry Potter-themed brunch party and include these Butterbeer pancakes.
2. Treacle Tart with Brown Butter, Rosemary, and Lemon from The Sugar Hit
Treacle tarts are one of Harry Potter's favorite desserts, so of course you have to make your own. This one, with brown butter, rosemary, and lemon, should do the trick.
3. Butterbeer Ice Cream Floats with Coconut Caramel Ice Cream from Gringalicious
You could just make Butterbeer and get on with your life, or you could make this ice cream float and be a champion.
4. Butterbeer Hot Chocolate from Bakingdom
One big mug of this hot chocolate sounds pretty perfect for Halloween night.
5. Madam Pomfrey's Pumpkin Juice Smoothie from Gringalicious
A smoothie inspired by Harry Potter is pretty ingenious. This might not be considered party food, but it's certainly a way to celebrate the morning after.
6. Double Double Chocolate Cauldron Cake from Bakingdom
Bakingdom says of these adorable cauldron cakes: "If I were fortunate enough to ride the Hogwarts Express, this is the treat I would buy from the sweets cart that makes its rounds!"
7. Luna Lovegood's Pudding from Spoon Fork Bacon
Luna Lovegood is probably my favorite side character in the Harry Potter universe. This pudding is pretty magical and quirky just like Luna. I mean, look — there are edible sprinkles!
8. Harry Potter Polyjuice Potion from I Knead to Eat
In the magical world of Harry Potter,Polyjuice Potion lets anyone who drinks it turn into someone else. Intrigued? Make your own magic "potion" for Halloween night with a few ingredients.
9. Licorice Wands from Pastry Affair
If you're not a baker, but want something Harry Potter-inspired for Halloween, these "wands" are a great option.
10. Harry Potter Butterbeer Cupcakes from Sugar and Soul
Blogger Sugar and Soul describes these cupcakes as "light and fluffy with toffee bits throughout that make for a nice little punch of flavor."
11. Candy-Coated Roach Control from Heather Bailey
Yes, the idea of eating "roach" popcorn is very off-putting, but let me try to convince you. The "roaches" in this popcorn ball are actually just candied pecans. Doesn't that sound good?
12. Butterbeer Cookies from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
These cookies are pretty simple to make. What makes them special is the Butterbeer sauce, which is basically butterscotch.
13. Harry Potter's Butterbeer Ice Cream from The Tiptoe Fairy
No ice cream maker is required to make this delicious frozen recipe.
14. Weasley Sweater Cookies from Bakingdom
Who needs cookies that look like pumpkins and ghouls when you can cookies that look like comfy sweaters?
15. Golden Snitch Pops from With Sprinkles on Top
These crafty treats use boxed cake mix, but you could also make your own.
16. Pumpkin Pasties from Bijoux & Bits
These Harry Potter-inspired pasties are great for any meal of the day. They're filled with pumpkin, cheddar cheese, and sage.
17. Molly Weasley's Rock Cakes from Bakingdom
There's nothing quite like getting a care package from mom, right? These rock cakes inspired by Molly Weasley are a great treat to give to friends and family. There's dried fruit (because healthy!) and also chocolate chips (because duh).