Are you serving ham this weekend for Easter, or perhaps later next month on Mother's Day? Ham is an easy and savory main dish, and part of the pleasure of serving it is enjoying with side dishes that play well with its rich flavor.
Here are 18 side dishes that will go beautifully with your holiday ham. You have to start with the biscuits (well, you can get away with rolls if you really prefer!). Potatoes are a must — we have classic scalloped potatoes for you, plus showstopping smashed potatoes with Gouda and horseradish. Or you can lean lighter, with an herbed potato salad or snap peas with Meyer lemon and mint.
See How to Prepare a Ham: How To Bake & Glaze a Honey-Glazed Ham
Once you have your ham, it's time for the sides! Do any of these tempt you, or do you have other favorites for serving with ham?
- Simple Recipe: Potato, Squash & Goat Cheese Gratin
- Scalloped Potatoes with Onions and Cheddar Cheese
- Smashed Potatoes with Gouda and Horseradish
- How To Make Hasselback Potatoes
- Herb Garden Potatoes with Fresh Spinach & Lemon
- Roasted Potatoes, Radishes & Fennel with Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
Peas, Asparagus, and Other Green Things
- Spring Salad: Asparagus Ribbons
- Snap Peas with Meyer Lemon and Mint
- Lemony Green Beans With Almond Breadcrumbs
- Greek-Style Lima Beans
- Creamed Spinach
- Farro Salad With Peas and Leeks
- Collard Green Salad with Strawberries & Tahini Dressing
- Roasted Cabbage Slaw with Hazelnuts & Lemon
- Egg, Spinach, and Spelt Salad with Green Garlic Dressing
Rolls & Biscuits
Originally posted April 2014