June is arguably my favorite month in New York: it's not too hot (yet), weekends are mostly spent outside, and strawberries start showing up at the farmers market. These strawberries aren't the sad, mushy things you see in the dead of winter at your grocery store – no! These berries are sweet, vibrant and bursting with flavor. Things, simply put, are just better.
So for this month I have plans to take advantage of my favorite berry. If you can manage to keep a pint or two of strawberries in your kitchen without devouring them all (and that's hard to do), we've got some drinks, frozen treats, cakes, and even a dessert pizza to see you through the short season.
Most of these recipes in this strawberry roundup are desserts or drinks. There are, of course, wonderful salad recipes or savory dishes that utilize the berry, but let's be real: strawberries are made for either popping in your mouth by the handful or mixed in pastries, boozy-things, and frozen treats.
Of course one of the easiest way to eat strawberries besides just shoveling them into your face is to simply dip them in chocolate. Skip the over-priced Edible Arrangement this time of year, and DIY! All you need is a pint of berries and twelve ounces of good dark chocolate. Such an easy dessert!
Cold Drinks (Boozy & Non-Alcoholic)
- Strawberry Basil Margaritas
- Strawberry & Limoncello Rosé Sangria
- Strawberry Basil Soda
- Strawberry Gin Smash
- How to Make a Killer Strawberry Milkshake
- No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- How To Make Toasted Marshmallow Strawberries
- Strawberries & "Cream" Chia Pudding
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecakes
Cake, Bars (and a Pizza!)
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Streusel Bars
- Strawberry-Sour Cream Scones with Brown Sugar Crumble
- Strawberry Upside-Down Cake
- Strawberry Dessert Pizza
- Gluten-Free & Vegan Strawberry Shortcake