If there's one thing I love more than a really good dessert made from scratch, it's a really good dessert I can throw together on a weeknight with no fuss and without a sink full of dirty mixing bowls. Turns out it's not actually such a big ask. Save layer cakes for a day when you're in the mood for a project and have time on your side. Instead, go for one of these 17 sweet treats that were made with your midweek dessert craving in mind.
Cakes and Quick Breads
In case you need more proof that cake is well within your reach on a weeknight, these recipes will show you the way again and again. From classic cakes to quick breads, each of these recipes requires just a single bowl and come together pretty quickly.
- One-Bowl Chocolate Wacky Cake
- One-Dish Chocolate Cake
- One-Bowl Yogurt and Honey Olive Oil Cake
- One-Bowl Funfetti Cupcakes
- One-Bowl Banana Upside Down Cake
- One-Bowl Bundt Cake with Chocolate Drizzle - needs photo
- How To Make One Chocolate Cupcake
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Brownies, Bars, and Cookies
You deserve a fresh batch of rich, chocolatey brownies no matter what day of the week it is. And if it happens to be Tuesday night, well then it should be even easier for you to make that happen (preferably with the simplest cleanup possible). Grab your mixing bowl and let the countdown to something sweet begin.
- One-Bowl Caramel Skillet Brownie
- Speculoos-Swirl Skillet Brownie
- How To Make Magic Cookie Bars
- Flourless Honey-Roasted Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Not only do you not need more than a single bowl (food processor bowl included) to make a totally irresistible midweek dessert, but you also don't even need to turn on the oven!
- No-Bake Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- How To Make the Best Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Vegan Chocolate-Almond Chia Pudding
- How To Make a Single Rice Krispies Treat
- No-Bake Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies