In an ideal world, I would cook a hot, fresh meal every night, but we all know that is just not reality! Leftovers fill in the gaps on busy nights and make home-cooked lunches possible. How do you avoid the boredom of eating the same thing several days in a row? The key to leftovers is having the right recipes.
With the right recipe, leftovers mean opening your fridge for dinner isn't a drag. You'll actually look forward to several days of eating the recipes we have for you today. From vegetable lasagna, to slow cooker-chicken tikka masala, to hearty chickpea salad, these meals might just taste better the next day.
Love Your Leftovers!
The key to loving your leftovers is making meals that taste better as they sit in the fridge. Meals that make good leftovers have flavors that bloom as they rest in the refrigerator — think braises, soups, stews, and curries.
It's also good if these meals can be made in bulk and are easy to reheat well. Lasagna and pasta dishes reheat nicely and make enough to feed you well for days.
17 Meals That Make Great Leftovers
- Cheesy Vegetarian Lasagna
- Chickpea Salad with Red Onion, Sumac, and Lemon
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Pumpkin Chili
- Quick Turkey Meatballs over Greens
- Butternut Squash & Coconut Curry
- Lamb Korma
- How To Make the Best Beef Stew from Scratch
- Korean Curry Rice
- Pizza with Roasted Red Peppers, Sausage & Jack Cheese
- Shepherd's Pie
- Lighter Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Spinach & Red Peppers
- Red Kidney Bean Curry with Rice (Rajmah Chawal)
- Easy French Ratatouille
- Chicken Tagine with Apricots, Almonds & Chickpeas
- Orzo with Caramelized Fall Vegetables & Ginger
- Southwest Skillet Ragu