In an ideal world, I would cook a hot, fresh meal every night, but we all know that is just not reality! Leftovers fill in the gaps on busy nights and make home-cooked lunches possible. With the right recipe, leftovers mean opening your fridge for dinner isn't a drag. You'll actually look forward to several days of eating the recipes we have for you today. From vegetable lasagna, to BBQ meatloaf, slow cooker-chicken tikka masala, and pumpkin chili, these 17 dinner recipes are even better the next day.
Pasta and Rice
When I'm in the mood for carbs, lasagna, baked ziti, and fried rice top my list of leftovers I love. These big batch recipes don't just lend themselves into many meals that are easily reheated, but each one has a flavor that gets better and better.
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Baked Ziti
- Cheesy Vegetarian Lasagna
- Orzo with Caramelized Fall Vegetables & Ginger
- Southwest Skillet Ragu
- Kimchi Fried Rice with Extra Greens
- Instant Pot Weeknight Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowls
Soup, Stew, and Curries
The next time soup, chili, and the like are in your meal plan rotation, it wouldn't be a bad idea to double the recipe. Not only do these hearty, warming meals hold up well in the fridge for several days (or in the freezer for several months), but these seasonal favorites are easy to pack up and make a great lunch.
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Ina Garten's Wild Mushroom & Farro Soup
- Pumpkin Chili
- How To Make the Best Beef Stew from Scratch
- Vegetarian Kale and Cannellini Bean Stew
- Kidney Bean and Coconut Curry
- Quick Butternut Squash Curry
When these meaty mains are in your meal plan rotation, you are in for a real treat. Not only is dinner totally covered for a second night, but you can be sure it will get rave reviews.
- One-Pot Weeknight Beef Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Maple-Mustard Pulled Pork
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Barbecue Turkey Meatloaf