Eggs are tiny miracle workers in the kitchen. They can be stored in the fridge for a long time; and they are cheap, hard to mess up, and one of the most versatile ingredients you can use. Really, what's not to love?
As we get into the busier fall season, let eggs be your go-to breakfast champion. From soft scrambled eggs to an avocado egg breakfast pizza, there's nothing eggs can't do to help you kickstart your morning routine.
There are unlimited ways to prepare an egg, but it's good to start by mastering the basics and build on those key recipes. Once you have an excellent base for an omelette or scrambled eggs, it's easy to add any add-ins to make it that much better.
Basic Egg Recipes to Know by Heart
What are your favorite easy breakfast recipes that utilize eggs? Here are some recipes to see you through the year.
Easy Variations on Scrambled Eggs and Omelettes
- Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Corn, Goat Cheese & Tomatoes
- 3-Egg Omelet with Quinoa, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Goat Cheese
- Scrambled Eggs with Goat Cheese, Greek Yogurt & Greens
- Scrambled Eggs & Mustard Greens on Toast
- Egg, Arugula, and Herb Tartine
Fried and Poached Eggs
Egg Recipes Using the Oven
- How to Bake Eggs en Cocotte
- Baked Eggs With Creamy Polenta, Spinach & Garlic
- Sausage, Artichoke & Goat Cheese Egg Bake
- Ham, Cheddar & Chive Egg Bakes
- Chickpeas, Kale, and Sausage with Oven-Baked Egg
- Shirred Eggs with Toast Soldiers
- Bacon, Potato & Egg Breakfast Casserole