2011 was the unofficial year of the avocado here at The Kitchn. With help from our readers, we learned the best ways to store and cut these creamy green fruits and dined on avocados for breakfast, lunch, and even dessert. Read on for the year's worth of tips, tricks, and recipes. (No avocados in your area? We reviewed a mail order source, too.)
• 1 Best Place to Store Avocados? In the Refrigerator
• 2 What Is the Best Way to Store Half an Avocado?
• 3 A Surplus Of Avocados: Should We Freeze Them?
• 4 What's the Best Way to Remove the Pit From an Avocado?
• 5 A Better Way to Dice an Avocado• 6 Avocados by Mail! California Avocados Direct Delivers
• 7 Pasta & Fries: 5 Alarmingly Easy Ways To Eat Avocado
• 8 Yes, Adding Avocado to Scrambled Eggs Is a Very Good Idea
• 9 Recipe: Avocado Toast from Andrew of Making Sunday Sauce
• 10 Recipe: Avocado Breakfast Pudding from Lizzie of Tomboy Style
• 11 Recipe: Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
• 12 Recipe: Kale Salad with Apricots, Avocado & Parmesan
Avocado for Dessert
• 13 Avocados for Dessert: 5 Sweet Green Treats
• 14 Sweet, Easy & Raw Recipe: Avocado Cacao Mousse
• 15 3-Ingredient Avocado Ice Cream? Well, Sort Of
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
More of the Best of 2011
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)