Freezer meals are the superheroes of busy weeknight dinners. They swoop in when you're in a tight spot, like when you're just back from vacation and don’t have time for the grocery store, or when you come home late from work and would rather hang out with your family than cook. Freezer meals save the day.
Today we’re rounding up our favorite make-ahead vegetarian freezer meals, from the best-ever veggie burgers (they're no joke), to vegetable burritos, and an easy green minestrone. If you have an afternoon to spare in the kitchen, you’ll have a multitude of meals to see you through the summer.
As Emma said in a post last year about freezer meals, "Making a good freezer meal really starts off with making a good meal, period." These vegetarian meals are the perfect way to take advantage of all the summer produce. I’ve included a variety of vegetable-laden meals: from easy empanadas, to soups and stews, and casseroles. You'll never be bored.
If you’re looking to transform your favorite vegetarian dinners into freezer meals, check out these helpful reader tips. Although this post is aimed towards stocking your freezer for when you're pregnant, it's still very helpful:
When storing your meals in the freezer, make sure to fill your containers as much as possible, or attempt to take all the air out of your Ziploc bag. This will help prevent freezer burn. Try to store your meals in individual portions so you can easily unfreeze the right amount of dinner. When done correctly, these freezer dinners should last you up to three months in the freezer.
- Freezer-Friendly Roasted Vegetable Burritos with Black Beans and Rice
- Cheesy All-Vegetable Lasagna
- Three Sisters Empanadas
- Baked Red Lentil Falafel Salad
- Best-Ever Veggie Burger
- Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew
- Sauerkraut, Potato & Cheese Pierogi
- Spiced Lentil, Sweet Potato & Kale Whole Wheat Pockets
- Healthier Zucchini and Carrot Fritters
- How To Make Stir-Fry Freezer Meals
- Easy Green Minestrone
- Shiitake Mushroom & Tofu Potstickers
- How to Make Frozen Pizzas at Home
- Tomato, Broccoli & Mozzarella Pasta Casserole
It's Reader Request Week at The Kitchn!
This kind of post was requested by too many readers to name.