Mastering cooking and being in the kitchen really starts with cooking regularly and understanding ingredients, cooking techniques, and kitchen equipment. While there's a broad range of basic knowledge out there about these subjects, there are also some surprising tips that can really up your culinary game. Here are our favorites!
You can be a better cook with cooking techniques like preheating your baking sheet before roasting, or not moving meat in a pan as it's searing, but there are also surprising tips about cleaning dirty pans, cooking steaks, and even storing lemons that will save you time in the kitchen and help you make the most out of the ingredients you buy.
15 Surprising Tips That Will Make You a Better Cook
- The One Mistake Every Beginner Makes in the Kitchen
- 5 Reasons Why I Run My Slow Cooker All Night (Not All Day)
- Here Are 3 Reasons Why You Should Preheat Your Baking Sheet
- Why You Shouldn't Take a Pan Off the Stove Until It's Clean
- France Taught Me a Better Way to Dress a Great Salad
- The Best Way to Keep Lemons Fresh for a Whole Month
- You Don't Need a Grill to Cook a Great Steak!
- We Tried 3 Ways to Store Salad Greens, and Here's the Winner!
- 3 Surprising Pro Tips for the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- Here Is the Correct Way to Serve Grapes
- Why You Should Grate the Butter the Next Time You Bake
- 10 Foods to Keep in Your Freezer to Make a Quick Meal
- 7 Tips to Help You Safely Prep Hard Winter Squash
- Skip the Harsh Cleaners: You Can Remove Rust with a Potato!
- 5 Tips for Getting Rid of Cooking Smells
* * *