This past May we ran our Small Cool Kitchens contest, and had the opportunity to peek into a lot of small yet bright kitchens. From a unique kitchen in Brussels, to the winning kitchen in East Boston, and lots of other small cool kitchens in between, here are 15 of our favorites from this past year's contest.
• 1 Inés' Opened-Up Barcelona Kitchen
• 2 Megumi's Hand-Made Brussels Kitchen
• 3 Tanya's Former Light Bulb Factory Kitchen in East Boston
• 4 Theresa's Sweet and Modern San Francisco Kitchen
• 5 Cindy's Tiny Yet Complete Austin KitchenMIDDLE ROW
• 6 Nikki's San Francisco Kitchen with Character
• 7 Matt's Fun and Vintage Minnesota Kitchen
• 8 Lucy's Classic Yet Modern Kitchen in Washington D.C.
• 9 Finch's Sunny San Francisco Kitchen
• 10 Ina's Semi-Outdoor Kitchen in Jakarta
• 11 Kevin and Kelly's Overhauled Victorian Kitchen in Virginia
• 12 Carin's Light, Bright Vermont Kitchen
• 13 Joi's Cleverly Renovated Virginia Kitchen
• 14 Alice's Light and Casual Las Vegas Kitchen
• 15 Addie's Charming Columbus Cape Cod Kitchen
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's end-of-year roundup! We are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the last year, including lots of recipes. We are also shaking out our reader mailbag, and giving you a few more great guest posts from our friends.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)