There are plenty of situations that call for ooey-gooey, decadent, over-the-top desserts, but on an average weeknight, I usually find myself craving simpler fare. These baked apples stuffed with oats and brown sugar are easily one of my favorite midweek treats — though a batch of salted dark chocolate popcorn is a close second! Here are fifteen recipes from this past year that I think you'll like. They're simple, everyday desserts meant for eating at the counter or sharing straight from the dish, and I love them all the more for it.
- 1 Oatmeal-Brown Sugar Baked Apples
- 2 Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn
- 3 Lemon Curd Ice Cream
- 4 Chocolate Wafer Icebox Stacks
- 5 Fudge & Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
- 6 Brown Butter Peaches & Chantilly Cream
- 7 20-Minute Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cobbler
- 9 Quince & Vanilla Sorbet
- 10 Fruit Crumble with Oats & Dates
- 11 Watermelon Popsicles
- 12 How To Make Crunchy Caramel Popcorn
- 13 Strawberries & "Cream" Chia Pudding
- 14 Individual Mixed Berry Clafoutis
- 15 Gluten-Free and Vegan Strawberry Shortcakes
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We'll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our 2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!