From summer berries to winter citrus, fresh fruits inspire all manner of sweet treats in our kitchens. Fruit desserts can be simple (grilled figs), classic (strawberry shortcake), and elegant (blood orange parfait), and they're nearly always infused with beautiful color. Here are 15 of our favorite seasonal fruit recipes from the past year.
• 11 Ricotta Mousse With Balsamic-Pepper Cherries
• 12 Tropical Fruit Salad With Creamy Lime Sauce
• 13 Old-Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake
• 14 Blackberry Rhubarb Crumble
• 15 Blackberry Cabernet Granita
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)