There are the recipes that satisfy our daily need to feed ourselves, and then there are the recipes that satisfy something deeper — an urge to stretch your skills, to tackle something new, to learn something you didn't know before. The recipes here are of the latter sort. This past year, we talked about making your own kimchi, shaping pretzels and tortellini, bottling our own beer, and even making soba noodles from scratch. If you're in the mood for a hands-on kind of project, one of these fifteen favorites from 2013 is sure to fit the bill.
- 1 How To Make Easy Kimchi at Home
- 2 How to Make Soft Pretzels
- 3 How To Make Limoncello
- 4 How To Make Homemade Sauerkraut in a Mason Jar
- 5 How To Make Homemade Tortellini
- 6 How To Make Butter
- 7 How to Make Delicate, Lacy Crepes
- 8 How To Make Dill Pickles
- 9 How To Make Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- 10 How To Make Baklava
- 11 How To Make Buckwheat Soba Noodles from Scratch
- 12 How to Make Peanut Butter Cups
- 13 How To Make Healthier Tortilla Chips in the Oven
- 14 How To Bottle Beer at Home
- 15 How To Make Fruit-Flavored Vodkas
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We'll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our 2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!