You know when you get that craving for just a little something sweet after the dinner dishes are cleared, but don't have anything to nibble? That can be a desperate moment. Personally, I always turn to chocolate chip cookies -- I always have chocolate chips in the cupboard, so hot cookies are only 20 minutes away. When desperation hits, pantry and fridge staples like chocolate chips, oats, cream cheese, and even frozen bananas can be a total life saver.
Let's talk about what makes a "quick-fix" dessert. For me, I want something made with a few handy ingredients and that's ready in about thirty minutes. I also want minimal hassle so that I'm not filling up the kitchen with a bunch of mixing bowls or trying to do something complicated when all I want is a sweet reward.
And a note about those handy ingredients -- your pantry staples might be a little different from mine, or maybe they shift depending on the season or your whims. That's where you get to exercise a little creative license. Don't have hazelnuts for those Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Skillet Blondies? Sub in some walnuts. Or don't have blackberries in season for the Toasted Oat and Walnut Whisky Trifle? Chop up some apples or bananas instead. It's your Make It Work Moment: Sweets Edition.
What are your favorite quick and easy weeknight desserts?
• 1 Hot Baked Nutella and Cream Cheese Sandwich
• 2 How to Make Creamy Ice Cream with Just One Ingredient
• 3 Toasted Oat and Walnut Whiskey Trifle
• 4 Grown-Up Almond Joy Milkshakes
• 5 Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Skillet Blondies
• 6 How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies (Without a Mixer!)
• 7 No-Bake Coconut Snowballs
• 8 Peanut Butter Oatmeal Monster Cookies
• 9 Oatmeal Brown Sugar Baked Apples
• 10 Maple Pecan Blondies with Maple Butter Glaze
Related: Ten Delicious Gluten-Free Desserts
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)