Years come and go but some things remain the same. One such thing is a busy weekday morning where you'd give anything to have just ten more minutes to grab a respectable breakfast. Luckily, 2011 was a banner year for inspired portable, delicious breakfast recipes.
Now there are many different kinds of breakfast eaters. There are granola bar and coffee folks and then there are proper scone folks. So we've pulled together something for everyone here. From our archives to your table, here's to many quick and satisfying breakfasts in the year to come.
• 1 Banana Bread Scones with Brown Sugar Glaze
• 2 Smitten Kitchen's Oat and Maple Scones
• 3 Rosemary Apple Turnovers with Honey
• 4 Buttery Lemon Angel Biscuits
• 5 Grand Central Bakery Jammers
• 6 4-Ingredient Banana Oat Bars
• 7 Chocolate Chip Muffins
• 8 Strawberry Nutella Pop-Tarts
• 9 Cran-Walnut Pumpkin Toasting Bread
•10 Quick, Easy, and Moist Whole Wheat Muffins
• 11 Baked Apple Cider Donuts
• 12 Zucchini Bread
• 13 Sweet Potato Biscuits
• 14 No Bake Sunflower Oat Bars
• 15 Homemade Power Bars
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
More of the Best of 2011
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)