Spring is definitely in the air, and it's right about now that the idea of entertaining starts to have appeal again. After all, we need to remind each other what we look like without scarves covering our faces. The first get-together of spring needs a special dessert to mark the occasion, don't you think? A fluffy cake or a parfait with billowy whipped cream, something with crunchy nuts and topped with a drizzle of honey. Here are 15 recipes that we think will do the job admirably.
Light and fresh is the name of the game when it comes to perfect springtime desserts. Citrus is still bountiful, making us crave desserts like Lemon Yogurt Icebox Cake and a simple Blood Orange Crostata. And it doesn't get much better than crunchy meringue pavlovas topped with a citrus fruit salad or early summer strawberries. This said, a slice of good old-fashioned carrot cake sure does sound good! The recipe below is one of our favorites.
The hint of green in the trees and longer daylight hours are enough reason to think about throwing a party right now, but we also have Passover starting tonight and Easter coming up next weekend. Whatever your reason for celebrating, there's sure to be a recipe or two in this bunch that will have your guests begging for seconds.
- 1 Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 How to Make a Light, Airy Pavlova
- 3 Lemon Yogurt Icebox Tart
- 4 Blood Orange Parfait
- 5 Honey Lavender Panna Cotta
- 6 Meyer Lemon Shaker Pie
- 7 Sticky Orange Cake with Marmalade Frosting
- 8 Kumquat Tarts with Almond-Date Crust
- 9 Blood Orange Crostatas
- 10 Fresh Coconut Mousse Cake
- 11 Airy Angel Food Cupcakes with Naturally Pink Icing
- 12 Creamy, Tangy Lemon Ice Cream
- 13 Big Pink Rhubarb Cake
- 14 Fresh Grape Cake with Luscious Lemon Sauce
- 15 Lemon Yogurt Cake with Orange-Thyme Syrup
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)