Knowing a couple shortcuts in the kitchen will usually save you either money or time (sometimes even both). This year we discovered a few great ideas to keep in your back pocket, including scooping ice cream ahead of time for a party, and the quickest, easiest way to slice a bunch of cherry tomatoes.
Here are those two tricks and twelve others that were popular in 2013:
- 1 Kitchen Hack: The Fastest, Easiest Way to Slice a Bunch of Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Time-Saving Tip: Buy Peeled Garlic for Your Next Dinner Party
- 3 How to Shuck Corn Quickly & Cleanly
- 4 Tip: Quickly Peel a Head of Garlic...With Your Microwave
- 5 Tip: The Best & Quickest Way to Warm Up Pita Bread
- 6 5 Shortcuts to Spice Up Your Dinner
- 7 Party Tip: Scoop Ice Cream Ahead of Time
- 8 How to Make Fresh Pasta Dough in the Food Processor
- 9 Time-Saving, Mind-Blowing Tip: You Don't Have to Peel Fava Beans
- 10 Look, No Beaters! Make Fresh Whipped Cream in a Jar
- 11 Recipe: Frozen Single-Serve Oatmeal with Almonds & Dried Cherries
- 12 Fruit Butter? Make It In the Slow Cooker
- 13 A Genius Tip for Quick, Easy Lemonade
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2013 roundup!
From December 21 through January 3 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year. We'll also share guest posts, special holiday features, and a sparkling Winter Glam Cocktail Party, the final installment in our2013 Gatherings from The Kitchn. Happy Holidays!