It's Ice Cream Week at The Kitchn — a week we look forward to all year long, as an excuse to dip into that sweet, cold, and creamy goodness of homemade ice cream — any flavor you like! We also took this as an excuse to look back at 15 of our all-time favorite ice cream recipes from The Kitchn, from the best chocolate ice cream ever, to ice cream with fresh strawberries, to that famous one-ingredient banana treat.
But that isn't all — read on for mint chocolate chip, brown butter, salted almond, and more. And don't let the lack of an ice cream maker stop you — we have some tips for that too. It's ice cream season — and here we go!
No Ice Cream Maker? No Problem!
• 6 Ways to Make Ice Cream Without an Ice Cream Machine
Nuts & Chocolate
• 1 The Best Chocolate Ice Cream
• 2 Mexican Chocolate and Almond Ice Cream
• 3 Salted Almond Ice Cream
• 4 Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
• 5 Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Banana Chunks
• 6 Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Trader Joe's Chocolate Covered Mini Peanut Butter Crackers
Fruit & Herbs
• 7 Extra-Quick No-Cook Meyer Lemon Ice Cream
• 8 Strawberry Ice Cream with Cacao Nibs
• 9 Savannah Buttermint Ice Cream
Beyond the Basics
• 10 Brown Butter Ice Cream
• 11 Rose Geranium Ice Cream with Pistachios
• 12 Buttery Popcorn Ice Cream
• 13 Coffee Ice Cream with Hot Fudge Sauce
Extra, Extra Easy (and Healthy!) Ice Cream
• 14 Magic One-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream - Plus even more specific directions about how to make this lovely treat.
• 15 3-Ingredient Healthy Ice Cream
Looking for Toppings?
• Boozy Cherries to Fudge Sauce: 12 Ice Cream Toppings
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)