It happens to the best of us. An evening of one (or, a few) too many drinks, followed by one nasty hangover the next morning. Whether you're just feeling a little foggy or your head is pounding and you can barely pull yourself out of bed, you want to get through this thing, and fast.
Unfortunately, there's no quick and easy to way to cure a hangover. We do have some delicious ways to help ease your headache and soothe your stomach, though. From a light, yet indulgent piece of toast, to eggs and comfort food, like grilled cheese and congee, we're sharing 15 recipes to help you battle that nasty hangover.
Eating or drinking anything might be a tall order, but we always manage to feel a tiny bit better by getting a little something in our stomachs. Try something on the lighter side, like toast or a simple tartine with eggs and greens. It's important to re-hydrate, and for that we love the icy chill of a green smoothie.
Keep it Light
- Green Smoothie with Spinach, Pear, and Ginger
- $10 Toast at Home - A joke post from April Fools, but let it serve as a shining example of how good toast can be after a night of indulgence!
- Egg, Arugula, and Herb Tartine
- Kale, Bacon and Egg Sandwich
Recharge Your Protein with Eggs
- Spinach Feta Breakfast Wraps
- Avocado and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- 3-Egg Omelet with Quinoa, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Goat Cheese
- Green Shakshuka
Perhaps you need something hearty, and maybe even a little greasy to pull you through this. Mornings like that call for a stack of pancakes, a bowl of cheesy grits, even an extra cheesy grilled cheese sandwich or a thick burger. And hey, if any of these options don't do the trick, you can always try the hair of the dog, our Jalapeno Bloody Mary.
Comfort Food Extraordinaire
- Lofty Buttermilk Pancakes
- Goat Cheese and Chive Grits
- Brown Rice Congee with Shiitake Mushrooms and Greens
- How To Make A Fantastic Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Breakfast Pizza
- Ultimate Beef and Bacon Burgers
- Jalapeño Bloody Mary with Quick Pickled Vegetables
What's your best way to ease a nasty hangover?