The year 2011 brought cakes, cookies, quick breads and pies. It brought cupcakes, turnovers, biscuits and scones. Some were more challenging recipes and others were perfect for the young baker eager to break out the butter and sugar and get crackin.'
We scoured our archives looking for baking recipes most appropriate for amateur bakers, recipes that have relatively simple ingredient lists and straight-forward instructions yet are appealing and inspiring. To close out a delicious baking year at The Kitchn, here are our favorite 15 grab-and-go recipes. Happy mixing.
• 1 Spiced Pear Muffins
• 2 Dark and Damp Molasses Cake
• 3 Hazelnut and Olive Oil Shortbread
• 4 No-Bake Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
• 5 Baked Apple Dumplings
• 6 Easy, Foolproof Cobbler For Any Fruit
• 7 Plum Crumble
• 8 Chess Pie
• 9 Peanut Butter and Jelly Icebox Cookies
• 10 Carrot Sheet Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
• 11 Chewy, Salty, Sweet Ritz Cracker Cookies
• 12 Almond Buttermilk Cake with Cherries
• 13 Crisp Meringues with Whipped Cream
• 14 Crinkle-Top Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
• 15 Extra Dark Brownies with Sea Salt and Lime
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
More of the Best of 2011
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)