The year 2011 brought cakes, cookies, quick breads and pies. It brought cupcakes, turnovers, biscuits and scones. Some were more challenging recipes and others were perfect for the young baker eager to break out the butter and sugar and get crackin.'
We scoured our archives looking for baking recipes most appropriate for amateur bakers, recipes that have relatively simple ingredient lists and straight-forward instructions yet are appealing and inspiring. To close out a delicious baking year at The Kitchn, here are our favorite 15 grab-and-go recipes. Happy mixing.
• 11 Chewy, Salty, Sweet Ritz Cracker Cookies
• 12 Almond Buttermilk Cake with Cherries
• 13 Crisp Meringues with Whipped Cream
• 14 Crinkle-Top Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
• 15 Extra Dark Brownies with Sea Salt and Lime
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)