I've been waiting patiently (ok, maybe not so patiently) for this moment all summer. I'm talking about the arrival of sweet summer corn!
Whether it's boiled, grilled or even microwaved, there's no doubt about it, corn on the cob is a total summer staple. To help you get the most out of this summer's fresh corn haul, we've got 15 corn-filled recipes you'e got to try.
This isn't just any kind of corn on the cob. Sweet summer corn is truly something special. It's the kind of corn that's lined with row upon row of plump, firm kernels in varying shades of yellow and white that explode with sweet, fresh flavor the moment you take a bite.
If you love corn on the cob slathered with butter and eaten as is, you're going to be amazed at what these sweet kernels are capable of when they're cut off the cob.
From dip to muffins, salads a plenty, to bowls of pillowy gnocchi and pizza, even sweet corn pudding for dessert, here are 15 delicious ways to load up on sweet corn this summer.
Dips & Snacks
- Sweet Corn and Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- Smoky Corn and Jalapeno Dip
- Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Muffins
- Empanadas with Corn Filling ("Humitas")
- Corn, Tomato and Black Bean Tostadas with Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
- Herbed Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad
- Potatoes, Beans, and Corn in Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
- Summer Corn Salad
- Caramelized Corn with Tomatoes and Bacon