Chicken is a year-round meal staple, but there's something about its ease that makes it best suited to summertime. Chicken is mild and easy to cook, and it picks up all those summer flavors: the smoky taste of the grill, sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, and the juices of ripe red tomatoes.
Here are 15 delicious recipes that show how to use chicken in the summertime, from Pesto Chicken Tart and Yogurt-Marinated Chicken with Greek flavors, to easy slow-cooker barbecue chicken and a glorious Chicken Cobb Salad.
What's your favorite way to eat chicken in the summertime? Do share!
- BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
- Pesto Chicken Tart
- Barbecue Shredded Chicken from the Oven or Slow Cooker
- Pan-Fried Chicken Breasts with Corn & Tomato Summer Salad
- Spicy Korean Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Thighs with Apricot-Miso Glaze
- Zuni-Style Tandoori Roast Chicken With Masala Bread Salad
- Grilled Chicken Legs with Dijon & White Wine Glaze
- Colombian Ajiaco (Chicken and Potato Soup)
- Blackened Beer-Brined Chicken Breasts
- Chipotle Chicken Fajitas with Creamy Black Bean Spread
- Creamy Chicken Salad with Parsley Walnut Pesto & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Yogurt-Marinated Chicken & Creamy Greek Sauce
- Honey & Chili Chicken Thighs with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Barbecue Chicken and Macaroni Salad