It comes but once a year. Oh, yes — once a year you're allowed to delve into the dark, twisted part of your mind and come up with something that'll scare the bejeesus out of people. As mentioned, I'd rather stick with friendly ghosts, but I'm not one to keep anyone else away from the creep! Here are 10 spooky (albeit, pretty clever!) food ideas for your Halloween party.
1. Whole-Wheat Witch Fingers from Texaerin Baking
These spooky fingers might haunt your dreams, but I promise you they aren't hard to make and they're pretty tasty sounding too. It's just a molded cookie with jam and a slivered almond.
2. Creepy Pizza Hands from Kitchen @ Hoskins
Why would you make regular pizza when you can make pizza that looks like a creepy hand?
3. Eyeball Pasta from Spend with Pennies
So this recipe idea is pretty ingenious. You make the "eyes" of the pasta with string cheese and black olives.
4. Bloody Band-Aid Cookies from Noble Pig
All you need for this recipe is a graham cracker, white frosting, and red gel or raspberry jam.
5. Meat Head from Helpful Homemade
The name for this recipe goes straight to the heart of this recipe. Yup, that is in fact a plastic skull covered with red jello and deli slices. Maybe you don't want to eat this one?
6. Dracula's Dentures from The Girl Who Ate Everything
All you need for this one is chocolate chip cookies, red frosting, almonds, and mini marshmallows. This would be a super-cute treat for school.
9. Toxic Waste Mac & Cheese from Cooking with Curls
This recipe has been saved over 36,000 times this year alone on Pinterest. Sure, it might look uninviting, but it's filled with cheese!
9. Jello Worms from One Little Project
To make these creepy (and edible) worms, all you need is jello powder, water, and a whole bunch of plastic straws.
10. Vampire Caramel Apples from Erica's Sweet Tooth
Why would you make just regular caramel apples when you can turn them into sneaky vampires?