Do you have a perfect recipe for cut-out sugar cookies? One that rolls out beautifully and bakes up sturdy yet chewy? What about that killer Nutella cookie recipe — the one that will climb to the top of the cookie exchange? We have these for you today and more — a list of our own very favorite recipes for this high season of holiday cookie baking.
There are spicy cookies with candied orange slices, and molasses cookies with a sugary lemon glaze. There are toffee chocolate chip bars, and peanut butter-espresso blossoms. There are the standbys, delicious old friends — holiday snowballs, pfeffernusse — and new classics, like rosemary and brown butter shortbread. Which will be your favorite this year?
• 1 Peanut Butter & Espresso Truffle Blossoms
• 2 Molasses Spice Cookies with Orange Sugar
• 3 Life-Changing Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
• 4 Chinese Five-Spice Cookies with Candied Mandarin Oranges
• 5 Ritz Cracker Cookies
• 11 Best Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
• 12 Spiced Mexican Wedding Cookies
• 13 Rosemary-Walnut Browned Butter Cookies
• 14 No-Bake Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
• 15 Chewy Molasses Cookies with Crunchy Lemon Glaze
What's your favorite holiday cookie? Any of them on the list above?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)