January is hunker-down month, when all the razzmatazz and glitter of December gets packed away and we snuggle in for our long winter's nap. Fittingly, we also need some hunker-down food to keep us full and warm — hearty, abundant, nourishing, comforting food. Is there anything more hunker-down and hearty than a casserole?
For breakfast and dinner and even if you're vegetarian, we have 15 deeply comforting, toasty-warm casseroles for your January hibernation.
- Orange-Maple French Toast Casserole
- Blueberry Pancake Casserole
- Baked Croque-Monsieur Casserole
- Egg and Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
- Hatch Chile Breakfast Casserole
- Cauliflower and Mushroom Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Turkish-Style Shepherd's Pie
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
- Pork, Pumpkin, and Cornbread Casserole
- Deep-Dish Pastitsio
- Smoky Mozzarella Pasta and Meatball Bake
- Wild Rice and Kale Casserole
- French Onion Soup Casserole
- Broccoli Rabe and White Bean Gratin
- Cheesy Lentil, Mushroom & Rice Bake
Did you learn a new favorite casserole in 2016? We'd love to hear all about it!