In my opinion, it's not Super Bowl Sunday unless there's a table groaning under the weight of as many cheese-laden and bacon-flecked dishes as possible. This game day, start things off right with a tray of warm bacon-wrapped potato bites. These one-bite wonders are only to be made if there's a crowd to help prevent you from eating them all. Follow them up with double-garlicky garlic bread, spicy jalapeño hummus, meatball sliders, or maybe a round of pretzel bites — these are the nibbles that will see us through all the fumbles, bad calls, and missed field goals that are sure to come.
Since the Super Bowl will dependably last into the evening, I like to have a few warm dishes that can be brought out during the commercials. Cheesy Chicken & Mozzarella Sliders are nice for something a little more substantive, plus you can make the meatballs ahead and freeze them until game day. You also can't go wrong with Double-Garlic & Herb Garlic Bread and Baked Bacon & Cheddar Jalapeño Poppers. So good.
Looking for a dish to take to a friend's house? I've found that deviled eggs are always welcome, and our recipe for Smoky Deviled Eggs with Greek Yogurt is one of my favorites. That Roasted Jalapeño and Lime Hummus also tends to be a potluck star — its combination of flavors is a surprise at first, but the bowl is always empty by the end of the party.
Have plans for the Super Bowl? What are you making?
- 1 Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
- 2 Cheesy Chicken & Mozzarella Meatball Sliders
- 3 Baked Bacon & Cheddar Jalapeño Poppers
- 4 Roasted Jalapeño & Lime Hummus
- 5 Vidalia Onion Dip with Bacon Crumbles
- 6 How to Make Crispy, Cheesy Quesadillas on the Stove Top
- 7 Bacon Fat Popcorn
- 8 Double-Garlic & Herb Garlic Bread
- 9 How To Make State Fair Nachos At Home
- 10 Spinach and Artichoke Dip