I love brunch, you love brunch — I think we're all on board for a good weekend brunch, yes?! The one problem with brunch, however, is figuring out how to make it without having to get up at the crack of dawn to start cooking. This is why we're bringing you a round-up of all our favorite make-ahead brunch recipes today, just in time for Mother's Day — or whatever plans you may have next weekend.
Once you start thinking about, a great many breakfast recipes are perfectly fine made ahead. Most yeasted breads, like our Sticky Lemon Rolls or the Monkey Bread, can be made right up to the point when you shape the bread, at which point you can refrigerate overnight and finish the recipe the next day. Frittatas and quiches are often even better the next day — the Sun-Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Quiche is a new favorite at my brunches.
I also love the idea of making individual fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt cups. They're so easy to make ahead and are fun for guests to grab from the buffet table, plus they make a healthy addition to the typical — and much loved — frosted rolls and rich egg dishes.
For more brunch inspiration and some tips on planning all the details to host a big brunch, take a look back at our Book Club Brunch series:
Do you have a favorite make-ahead breakfast dish? Any tips for throwing a big brunch party?
- 1 Fresh Grape Cake with Luscious Lemon Sauce
- 2 Kale and Goat Cheese Frittata Cups
- 3 Breakfast Grain Salad with Blueberries, Hazelnut, and Lemon
- 4 Sticky Lemon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
- 5 How to Make Coffee Concentrate to Serve Hot Coffee to a Crowd
- 6 Sweet Potato Hash with Sausage and Eggs
- 7 Banana Bread Scones with Brown Sugar Glaze
- 8 Roasted Tomato and Goat Cheese Quiche
- 9 Rye Toasting Bread with Cherries & Pumpkin Seeds
- 10 Peanut Butter and Honey Granola
- 11 Overnight Buttery Streusel Coffee Cake
- 12 Fruit-on-the-Bottom Yogurt Cups
- 13 Overnight Steel-Cut Oatmeal with Apricots and Buttermilk
- 14 Monkey Bread with Bourbon Crème Anglais
- 15 Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)