If there's anything that makes me feel better about the end of summer it's the return of football season. Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of the sport. But, I am a huge fan of all the snacks that always seem to go along with the game. Creamy dips, chicken wings, nachos, things wrapped in bacon — what's not to love.
From winning dips to finger foods and some healthier options, we're sharing 15 awesome appetizers to get you ready for the return of football season!
Whether it's tortilla chips, pretzels, pita or foccacia, you're gonna wanna grab your favorite dipping device, and fast! When you're watching the game, and especially if you're hosting a crowd, dips and spreads are always a winning snack. We can't resist super cheesy beer and cheddar dip and a dip that deconstructs an Italian sub.
- Beer & Cheddar Dip
- Smoky Corn and Jalapeno Dip
- Vidalia Onion Dip with Bacon Crumbles
- Queso Fundido
- Italian Sub Dip with Homemade Focaccia
Sometimes cheering for your favorite team requires food that's a little heartier. From crowd-pleasers like bacon-wrapped potato bites to Korean-style wings and BLT bites, these finger foods are perfect for game day munching.
- Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
- Bacon Cheddar Jalapeño Poppers
- BLT Bites with Avocado Cream
- Baked Vegetable Wontons
- Korean Fried Chicken Wings
When we think about football food, the first things that come to mind are usually wings, cheesy dips and anything fried. While those are all delicious, there's also plenty of healthier options too. Like, baked parmesan crisps, hummus and a lighter version of French onion dip made with Greek yogurt.
- French Onion Dip with Caramelized Onions and Greek Yogurt
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
- Stuffed Peppadews with Parmesan & Salami
- Roasted Jalapeño and Lime Hummus
- Polenta Toasts with Herbed Ricotta & Bacon
What's your favorite game day appetizer?