You know how much you're loving sweet corn, garden-fresh basil, and perfect summer berries right now? I'm going to wager that you might love them even more come winter. You know, when fresh produce hits a low point and there's snow piled outside your front door.
From fruits to vegetables to fresh herbs, now's the time to stash these summer staples in the freezer so you can enjoy them all year long.
Tips for Freezing Fruit and Vegetables
When it comes to freezing fruits and vegetables, there are lots of different ways to do them. Some can be frozen as is, but some benefit from some blanching or cooking first. Check out these tips so that you know the best way to freezer preserve!
- How To Freeze Fresh Summer Fruit
- How To Freeze Zucchini
- 17 Strategies for Stashing Seasonal Produce in Your Freezer
- 5 Tips for Preserving Fresh Vegetables in the Freezer
- Why You Should Blanch Vegetables Before Freezing
- Quick Tip: Freeze & Thaw Tomatoes to Remove Skins
- 5 Farmers Market Finds You Should Freeze Right Now
- How To Roast and Freeze Green Chiles
- The Easiest Way to Preserve Tomatoes: Freeze Them!
Tips for Freezing Fresh Herbs
Sure, you can find fresh herbs all year long, but they're not quite as plentiful and fresh as they are right now. Grab a few bundles of basil and mint and use these tips to freeze them for later.
Ice Cube Trays Are for More than Just Ice
When it comes to freezer preserving, one of the most handy tools in your kitchen is actually an ice cube tray. It's capable of a lot more than just making ice!