Welcome to the unofficial start of summer. While many schools might still be in session, and the equinox is still a couple weeks away, Memorial Day gets us fully in the mood for backyard barbecues and pool parties.
Of course, this means that we need a few good pool floats — and luckily there's a wealth of food-shaped ones available so we can show our foodie cred poolside.
1. Giant Ice Pop Pool Float, $34 from Urban Outfitters: You know what would be the bomb? Flashing back to the '90s on this bomb pop-inspired inflatable.
2. Watermelon Float, $60 from Ban.do: Few things say summer like a slice of watermelon. Be totally meta and eat a wedge while relaxing on this float.
3. Gigantic Donut Pool Float, $20 from Amazon: This strawberry-frosted donut might just be the pool float that started this whole trend — and we can definitely see why. If your tastes run more toward the chocolate icing end of the spectrum, you're covered as well.
4. Pepper Pool Float, $14 each from Urban Outfitters: These mini hot pepper floats are perfect for hanging out in the water. Think of them as the hot new version of the pool noodle.
5. Giant Popcorn Pool Float, $30 from Target: While most of these pool floats are on the sweet side — fruit and desserts — we'll gladly take a salty treat as well in the form of this popcorn inflatable.
6. Sweet Treat Ice Cream Sandwich Pool Float, $40 from ModCloth: The closest in size and shape to a normal air mattress, this ice cream sandwich is anything but ordinary.
7. Ice Cream Float, $45 from Ban.do: Sweet like the soft-serve cone it's modeled after, this pool float might just make you crave a visit to the ice cream truck.
8. Giant Pretzel Inflatable, $17 from Amazon: This is one soft pretzel that's big enough for the whole family to share. Now we just need an inflatable bottle of spicy mustard.
9. Everything Bagel Pool Float, $22 from Jet: This pool float is, indeed, everything. After all, you can float on it whole or "slice" it in two and give one half to a friend.
10. Fruit Slice Inflatable Island, $30 from ToySplash: Want to stick with something simple? Go for a few slices of citrus. These pool islands come in lemon, lime, and orange. A few citrus slices make water better, I always say.
11. Smarties Noodle Pool Float, $17 from Amazon: The smarties spend more time in the water than floating on the surface, and this candy-themed float makes it even easier to hang in the deep end.
12. Giant Cupcake Pool Float, $40 from Target: Nothing is safe from being turned into a cupcake, even if the trend has died down a little bit. This sugar shock of a pool float is perfect for your kid's birthday pool party.
13. Patterned Pineapple Pool Float, $39 from Urban Outfitters: Try to say that three times fast. This pineapple is already sliced into a ring (sort of) for easier lounging.
14. Pizza Slice Pool Float, $37 each from Amazon: What's better than a pool party or a pizza party? A pizza-themed pool party, for which you'll need enough slices and floats for everyone.