The humble baked potato is the canvas to many a meal. It's easy to prepare, and even easier to dress up with just about anything you may have in your pantry or fridge. That's why a baked potato might be our favorite cheap meal to prepare on any given weekday or night. Especially during the winter.
From a fully packed superfood baked potato for dinner, to sweet potatoes with yogurt for breakfast, to the heartiest, easiest twice-baked potatoes, be sure to add these recipes into your winter meal routine.
But first, you need to master the basics. Here's how to bake a potato, three ways!
You don't need an oven to make a great baked potato — a microwave or slow cooker will also get the job done.
Once you have your base, it's easy to go from there. You can dig deep and bake it again (twice-baked is king!), or cover it with some delicious topping like a mixture of coconut milk, chickpeas, and spinach. Or, you can turn the classic recipe on its head by making a baked potato casserole or loaded baked potato soup.
5 Ways to Eat a Baked Potato
- Sweet Morning Potato with Yogurt, Maple Syrup & Nuts
- The Superfood Baked Potato
- How To Make Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Bacon-Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with White Beans and Kale
7 More Ways to Eat Potatoes
- Baked Potato Casserole
- Baked Potato Soup With Bacon, Scallions & Cheddar
- Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole with Cheddar & Tomatoes
- Jalapeño Popper Potato Skins
- How To Make Hasselback Potatoes
- Grown-Up Tater-Tots
- Braised Coconut Spinach & Chickpeas with Lemon, served on a baked sweet potato