I don't know about you, but even though the heat wave has died down, I still cannot bring myself to go anywhere near the stove. It's too soon. And really, it's not likely I'll change my stance anytime before Labor Day. From here on out, I'm all about no-cook foods.
Whether you need a few light bites before dinner, or better yet a dinner made of appetizers, here are 12 no-heat recipes to get you inspired.
Keeping the stove off doesn't mean relying on just salads and dips. Although, it is hard to beat a good dip — especially when it involves white beans and artichokes, or a super-cheesy flavor. Make your spread even more impressive with a simple radish butter, veggie nori rolls, or marinated mozzarella bites.
- Matt & Ted Lee's Radish Butter
- Spiced Cucumber Sticks with Chaat Masala
- Vegan White Bean Artichoke Dip
- Garlic and Herb Marinated Mozzarella Bites
- Vegan Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Veggie Nori Rolls
You may know watermelon as a sweet snack or dessert, but when sprinkled with chile powder, salt, and lime, it has a savory side that you should definitely get acquainted with. Take advantage of ripe summer produce, like peaches paired with proscuitto for a sweet and savory bruschetta, or tomato and mozzarella caprese skewers.
- Crab & Avocado Hand Rolls (Temaki)
- Peach & Prosciutto Bruschetta
- Tomato & Mozzarella Caprese Skewers
- Watermelon with Chile, Salt & Lime
- Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Cucumber Kimchi Bites
Updated from post originally published July 25, 2015.