While you can certainly find peppers in the store all year long, now is right about the time you can expect them to take over your CSA box or your garden. Once you've had your fill of slicing these crisp veggies into salads and eating them with dip, here are 12 more recipes featuring peppers.
You'll notice that some of these recipes specifically call for green, red, or yellow bell peppers. Go ahead and use your favorite color or whatever you have handy.
1. How To Roast Shishito Peppers: There's something about the interplay of crunchy salt, rich oil, and smoky peppers that makes this simple dish so much more addictive than you'd expect. You can't stop at just one.
2. Scrambled Eggs with Green Peppers & Mushrooms: This is one delicious way to eat your scrambled eggs. Make breakfast (or lunch!) more hearty by mixing in bell peppers and any other veggies you have on hand.
3. Ina Garten's Spanish Tapas Peppers: This is such a great way to serve stuffed peppers as an appetizer instead of a main dish. The vibrant colors are stunning, and the filling can be made ahead of time.
4. Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Red Pepper and Corn: This is the kind of side dish that's perfect for a summer-to-fall transition (don't hate me for saying it already).
5. Sweet Corn & Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers: This recipe uses mild chile peppers, but if you're not into the spice, go ahead and use small bell peppers instead.
6. Braised Chicken Thighs with Bell Peppers and Onions: Bright bell peppers and sweet red onions make this braise totally worthy of summer.
7. Fried Brown Rice with Asparagus, Bell Pepper & Cashews: This rice dish is great for dinner, and packs even better as lunch the next day. It reheats easily, although it's just as great eaten cold.
8. Thai Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry: This gingery chicken stir-fry is home cooking at its best: quick and simple to prepare, with a punch of flavor that manages to be both exciting and deeply comforting.
9. Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls: These spring rolls make a fresh and surprisingly satisfying lunch, especially with some creamy avocado rolled up with the vegetables and a spicy Sriracha-mayo sauce on the side for dipping.
10. Vegetarian Paella with Red Peppers & Chickpeas: This vegetarian version of paella swaps out the meat and fish for fresh produce and legumes. It's a veggie-filled dinner perfect for any night of the week.
11. Frittata with Potato, Red Pepper & Gouda: Frittatas magically work for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This version combines tender bits of potato, silky red peppers, and creamy Gouda cheese.
12. Chili-Lime Steak Fajitas: Bright bell peppers are a must for any type of fajita.