With the Super Bowl right around the corner I've got my sights set on one thing, and it's not the game. I'm in it for the food! Specifically a heaping plate of nachos piled high with toppings and plenty of melted cheese....buuuuut, without the tortilla chips. This year I'm giving my nachos a new spin and skipping the chips altogether.
From breakfast through dessert, these 12 recipes are the only proof you'll ever need that you don't need chips to make a winning plate of nachos.
Let's talk nacho construction. The base of this creation is crucial. It needs to be firm and sturdy, strong enough to hold a lot of toppings without crumbling. And it needs to have wide surface area, because, you want to be able to scoop up as many toppings as you can with every bite.
Also know this, nachos know no time of day! Who needs chips when you can turn pancakes and waffles into breakfast nachos? Pile them high with eggs, bacon, and your favorite toppings. If you prefer something more savory, make your nachos with tater tots, mini bell peppers, or sweet potato rounds. Whatever you do though, make sure to save room for dessert nachos!
Nach-yo Average Breakfast
- 7 Layer Nacho Waffles - Scarletta Bakes
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Totchos - Shared Appetite
- Pancake Breakfast Nachos - The Delicious Life
Savory Veggie Nachos
- Tater Tot Nachos Supreme - Girl Cooks World
- Loaded Turkey Totchos - Scarletta Bakes
- Loaded Sweet Potato Irish Nachos with Beer-Braised Short Ribs - Domesticate Me
- BBQ Sweet Potato Skillet Nachos with Avocado Crema - The Whole Bite
- Potato Nachos - The Chic Site
- Mini Pepper Nachos with Corn, Black Beans and Avocado - Closet Cooking