Potatoes have played second fiddle to meaty main dishes and seafood suppers for far too long. Today it's their time to shine as the star of the dinner (and breakfast!) plate. Filled with quality substance from vegetables, grains, and even meat, stuffed potatoes are a meal all their own. And a darn tasty one at that!
Here are 12 savory and sweet meal-worthy stuffed potatoes you've got to try this fall. They are comfort food extraordinaire.
Whether you're crazy about sweet potatoes or classic Idaho spuds, potatoes are a blank canvas just waiting to get decked out and stuffed with your favorite ingredients.
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Beans and Greens
- The Superfood Stuffed Potato
- Bacon-Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes with Braised Coconut Spinach & Chickpeas with Lemon
More Meal-Worthy Stuffed Potatoes We Love
- Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Chipotle Black Bean & Corn Salad - Alaska from Scratch
- Chicken Sloppy Joe Stuffed Potatoes - Foxes Love Lemons
- Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Chard, Feta & Pistachios - Happy Hearted Kitchen
- Ginger Tempeh Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Almond Butter Sauce - Connoisseurus Veg
- Thai Peanut Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - Shared Appetite
Don't forget about breakfast and dessert! Use any combination of maple syrup, cinnamon, apples, nuts, and even oatmeal to turn your sweet potato into an seriously sweet (and healthy!) treat.
- Sweet Morning Potato with Yogurt, Maple Syrup and Nuts
- Dessert Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - Nutrition Stripped
- Twice-Baked, Oatmeal Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - Keepin' It Kind