It's the triple challenge: You need a dinner you can throw together on a weeknight (so it should be quick and not too complicated) and it needs to also be wholesome, but within your budget. Does this sound like too much to ask of a recipe? Not so! Here are 12 nutritious, budget-friendly meals that you can throw together in a snap.
Embrace the Snack Board
The first three recipes here are actually more about assembling than cooking. We call them snack boards and they're a perfect way to gather together tasty and healthy components that in the end make a satisfying meal. And grazing through dinner can be fun — like a cocktail party!
- A Snack Board for Vegans (and Also Everyone Else)
- $20 and a Trader Joe's Trip: The Key to a Better Snack Board
- A Gluten-Free Snack Board for Everyone
Other Healthy, Budget-Friendly Meals
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chowder
- Sheet Pan Honey-Sesame Tofu and Green Beans
- Southwestern Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Fish in Crazy Water
- 10 Ways to Turn Frozen Broccoli into Dinner
- Rainbow Pizza
- Salmon and Kale Caesar Wraps
- Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowl
- Tofu and Broccoli Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing